Twenty-five years after publication of The Shadows of Power, James Perloff returns to the venue of political history, and takes you where the mass media won’t.
* Who benefited from the mysterious sinking of the USS Maine?
* Why did President Woodrow Wilson order the manifest of the torpedoed Lusitania hidden in the archives of the U.S. Treasury?
* After the official inquiry into the Pearl Harbor attack, why did Admiral Kimmel and General Short – the commanders at Pearl Harbor – want to be court-martialed?
* Why was the Soviet Union given control of North Korea after World War II, when the Soviets did nothing to win the war in the Pacific?
* What did Congressional Medal of Honor recipient James Stockdale reveal about Tonkin Gulf (the event used to justify intervention in Vietnam)?
* How did “Operation Rockingham” lead America into the Iraq war?
* Since its founding in 1921, what small organization has produced 21 Secretaries of Defense/War, 19 Treasury Secretaries, 18 Secretaries of State, and 16 CIA directors?
* How did Jimmy Carter go from a generally unknown figure to Presidential nominee in just seven months?