Source: Daily Mail
By David Martosko
- The president defended former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn as a ‘wonderful’ man during a joint press conference with Benjamin Netanyahu
- Trump claimed Democratic partisans, stung by his defeat of Hillary Clinton, were giving classified materials to ‘fake media’ in order to harm him
- ‘I think it’s very, very unfair what happened to General Flynn, the way he was treated,’ Trump said
- He tweeted earlier on Wednesday that malicious leakers inside the NSA and FBI were responsible for a tempest that led to Flynn’s dismissal
- ‘The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by “intelligence” like candy,’ he wrote on Twitter
- Trump claims the New York Times and Washington Post are getting material ‘illegally given’ to them
President Donald Trump said Wednesday that his recently resigned National Security Advisor Michael Flynn was torpedoed by Democratic partisans who ‘illegally leaked’ intelligence material in order to harm him.
Appearing in a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said ‘the fake media’ had fomented a scandal that wouldn’t exist but for angry Democrats who were acting out in the wake of an embarrassing loss in November’s presidential election.
‘General Flynn is a wonderful man,’ Trump said. ‘I think he’s been treated very, very unfairly by the media – as I call it, the fake media, in many cases.’
‘From intelligence, papers are being leaked, things are being leaked,’ Trump complained. ‘It’s a criminal action – a criminal act. And it’s been going on for a long time, before me, but now it’s really going on.’